9/01/2011

Review: August 2011



After some less productive weeks in July, I was spending much more time this month with different activities to earn some cents/dollars here and there. So what did I do during the past weeks and how much did I earn with which activity?


1. Cans and Bottles
returned cans for challengeMy "real" income was mostly generated by returning bottles and cans. In August, I returned more cans and bottles, as I did in June and July together. They and a dozen of pennies which I found on the street were worth 19,76$. I can expect around 20$ per month, if I return cans and bottles that I receive from the coffee house and collect around 100 cans/bottles from streets/trash/bushes.




 2. Google Adsense
I am using adsense to generate some additional income by the advertisements you can see on my blog. If a reader is interested in one of the advertised products and clicks on the banner to get more information, adsense will automatically pay some cents to the blogowner. Even though my revenue shrank over the past weeks, it is still a nice pocket money. It is forbidden to show statistics about adsense performances, but at least allowed to show the monthly reports. They are in German.. (sorry ?!) :

adsense income with challenge blog

I haven´t disclosed my revenue from the prior months, so I think it´d be fair to do so now. During the first weeks of my blog, I had a daily average of  >250 visitors, which apparently were very interested in the advertisements on my blog. This resulted in many clicks and over 30$ during the first two weeks. However, there was no way for me to maintain >250 viewers per day which resulted in the downwards trend I am currently facing. In August, I was able to gain 12,78$ in revenue. I am not counting the 50,18$ I have earned via adsense towars my overall income yet, as I cannot withdraw them before I have 100$. It will thus still take a while until I can invest them.
adsense income with challenge blog


3. Loudspeakers
free vintage speakers for challenge blogI am still not sure about what to expect for them. I hope to receive between 20 - 70$, as this is the price for them on ebay. However, I am not sure when I will find a buyer.




Prospect for September
But what now?  I am currently not able to increase my revenue. I have a steady income of about 20$ a month by returning cans, which is great! But my adsense revenue decreased, which is a problem, as it is definetily an easy way to earn some extra dollars.
As soon as I have sold my speakers, I want to invest in something more valueable, which I can then resell for more. I am also very interested to buy something that can be cleaned/repaired/refurbished. I hope this will be possible in September and keep checking garage sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment