10/04/2011

Day 110: Let´s make the most out of it!

bose acoustimass 5 series 2 Income: 06.61 $

Round 2: After being so lucky with my first trade, I hope to be able to make at least 150$ with the new soundsystem.  I spent some hours cleaning it, especially several spots where wall paint dropped on the cloth on the front of the speakers. I carefully cleaned these spots and used a black marker to overpaint some resistant drops. I am really surprised how clean and tidy they look after I removed dust, paint, dirt and worked on some scratches.
bose acoustimass 5 series 2 I am usually not too good in making "high quality" pictures, but am quite happy about these ones. I think the system looks way more attractive than in the picture of my last post.

I just started my ad on craigslist and noted that I will sell OR trade it. I actually prefer trading it, but don´t want to be too picky. The soundsystem sells in used condition on ebay for 140-190$ plus 20-40$ shipping. I recognized that the stands make apparently quite a big difference in the price (didn´t make a picture of them).
bose acoustimass subwooferAnyway, as I am not in a hurry, I optimistically chose to sell them for 200$. Maybe I am lucky and someone urgently needs exactly such a soundsystem. I basically do it the same way, as with my vintage speakers and slowly lower the price until someone buys it. My realistic goal is 150$. I paid 60$ for it in addition to the free vintage speakers, for which I expected 65$. An additional 25$ sounds ok to me at this point.


Review of the last 3 weeks:
During the past two weeks, I found 3 pennies on one of the parking lots and continued gathering cans and bottles wherever possible.  However, it is getting colder and people are starting to choose tea and coffee instead of soda and beer. Because of this (and a bad cold) I had just 128 bottles and cans (6,40$) to return yesterday.  This is not a lot for two weeks of collecting. As usual, I made some pictures of all the cans and thought about posting them, but they look actually all the same. Instead of posting a cart full of plastic bags, you get thus a picture of a hawk (?), who I met on my way to university. Maybe next time empty cans and bottles again...
hawk



3 comments:

  1. hope you receive good news in next few days

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, yes I hope so too. However, it took me nearly a month to get rid of the other speakers. I´ll lower the price every 3rd day and and wait until someone buys/trades them. Currently mostly scammers are interested and two guys who ask me every 2 days if the speakers have been sold yet. The price is currently at 180, which might be still a little high..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude,
    I have the same bose acoustimas speakerset. and i love it. have it since 1994,
    btw. i am the new guy in the challenge.
    best of luck

    ReplyDelete